Learn to DJ
Learn how DJs remix on the fly and see how their gadgets function. Also get tips to start DJ'ing as a hobby.
I'm a software designer cum engineer, presently working for tech startup based in Chennai. Also a DJ, photographer and an amateur musician. Love travelling on motorcycles and creating stories about it. I've also topped a national level travel blogging content to win a superbike. I can play the cajon and the flute (to a certain extent).
No video of the event yet, sorry!
- Type: Session
- Length: 60 minutes
- Availability: 17 to 20 May
- Difficulty: Anyone can attend. Having some sense of musical sense helps.
I’m a DJ and I perform for selected events. It’s a great hobby that’s also my form of meditation. In this presentation, I intend to share with the audience about the art of DJ’ing and showcase simple tips and tricks that can get anyone started with this hobby. You can find out more about my DJ’ing background here.
The content of this presentation will include:
- Introduce the audience to a professional DJ mix using a simple iPad.
- Start off with simple mixing techniques and move on to advanced tricks that jump across musical styles. For example, from International Pop to Indian Bollywood.
- How to prepare and perform for a show. What happens on stage and off the stage.
- How to get started as a hobby.
Speaker will bring:
- iPad for demonstration
Organizers to provide:
- Speaker system to play music via the iPad. Please feel free to check with me if you’re doubtful or need help.
- Projector + iPad mini adapter for display.
- 2017 May 18 - 20:30
- 1 h
- hillhacks 2017
- Conference 18-21 May